Saturday, October 24, 2020

New Batch of Eggs in Incubator

 Today I drove to the Magic Mountain area of Valencia and purchased a dozen Copper Maran Eggs that should be fertile.  I found the seller online through Craigslist.  There are several sellers online. He was the only one that specifically had the Copper Marans that was within an hour's drive from my house. Many sellers have backyard mix breeds and have many colorful eggs. I am hoping I made a good choice. We will find out in 20 days.

Along with the 12 eggs I purchased the sell included a few extra Maran eggs and a few olive color eggs, and a gray egg, for a total of 19 eggs.  I placed the eggs into an incubator today, 10/24. The expected hatch date is Nov 13th.






The eggs on the top carton in the image below are the current range of egg colors we have.




No comments:

Post a Comment