Tuesday, March 24, 2020

W9. March 23 - 27

I am assigning work this week through Google Classroom.  Some of the work will require you to make posts to your blogger.

Farm Update:

Since we are on lock down until May 3rd I made a decision to send the goats to Mrs. Haver's farm up near Yosemite.  Mrs. Haver and her husband drove to HHS on Saturday March 21 and picked up the goats and some chickens. She took the three Silkie chickens, the two Lavender chickens, the Red Rooster (not Rockstar), the seven new chicks that were out in front of my classroom and a couple adult hens so she can start collecting eggs.


On Tuesday I began to plant some of the seeds we had started in the trays back in February. I also had to plant corn seeds because the package they were in had gotten wet, so 160 corn seeds were planted.  Also planted were Zucchini, peas, beans, broccoli & some strawberry plants were relocated.  Also, I took down the goat fencing that ran parallel in front of the garden.


Note:  We did lose a hen Sunday night, I could not find any predator markings so am ruling this out. For the most part the flock is doing well, they are out and about on the HHS campus during the day.

On the first Monday of the shutdown the black wheel barrow was missing. I found it with three homeless guys at the recycle center on 9th street. So as of Monday March 16 all of the tools and wheel barrows are locked in the storage bin. I have also placed locks on each gate leading into the garden area.

No comments:

Post a Comment